Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fun Summer Times

Summer always goes by too fast. We try to cram a lot of activity into those three months. Last Saturday was no exception. The girls were running in the Mesa Falls race. It is always so much fun to go and watch them run. This year the four oldest grandkids were old enough to realize what their moms were doing. They had fun cheering for them. They also had fun checking out caterpillars on the road.






Big Judds for lunch was a big hit.


After lunch, Greg and I took off for Virginia City. We hadn't been there for years and I wanted to see what it is like now. It's really a lot of fun. We spent a lot of time in Virginia City before we went to Nevada City (1.5 miles away). I wish we would have gone to Nevada City sooner because there is a living history museum there but it was closing soon and we didn't have time to visit it. I definitely want to go back. You should go on the weekends because that is when they have different things going on in the living history museum as well as the steam locomotive running between Virginia City and Nevada City.

Here are a few photos from the outing so you can see if you might be interested in going there. There are several restaurants and a nightly melodrama. We had taken a picnic and didn't have time to stay for the melodrama. I bet it is fun.













2 comments:

Deborah Raymond said...

What a really great place! You make everything look so good. I'm not sure I know where those places are but I'd love to visit!

Beardall Family said...

Hi Terri,

I was wondering where Virginia & Nevada Cities are? It looks like a great place to visit! I love the pictures you took.