Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Most Unusual Store

Yesterday Greg and I were in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and stopped at the Haagen Dazs shop for an ice cream cone. It was kind of chilly so we sat on the window ledge of a store next door that had the sun shining on the front of the building.



Greg finished his ice cream and stood up to look in the window of the store that we were sitting in front of. He told me to look. It was a tyrannosaurus skull. On the card next to the skull it said, "Yes, it is real". So we stepped inside the store.





I saw a beautiful purple geode. I said, "Greg, come look at this, it costs $10,000."



Then I saw a neat stone that was full of ancient turtle fossils.



I was shocked to see that the price tag said $97,000.



Then we saw another geode that was very cool, but I can't remember how much it cost.....I'm sure it was a lot.



By it was a fossil of a fish from the Jurassic Period that cost $130,000.



By this time I was getting really amazed at the value of these items.

Around the corner was a beautifully presented flower fossil.



I'll let you see the price tag of it for yourself.



Well when we left the store we decided to see the price of the dinosaur skull. It wasn't easily visible when we first saw it.

It was a shocking $375,000. Don't think I will be making any purchases in that store soon. But the items sure were fun to look at.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

That's the best part about photography. You can look at those items for many years and enjoy them - without robbing several banks to do so! Thanks for sharing!