Sunday, February 13, 2011

Maybe we had a little TOO much fun!!

Today Amber spoke in Sacrament Meeting in her ward. She did a fabulous job!! I was hoping to stay and hear Jenny give her Relief Society lesson. But, Brighton was sick and it didn't seem too wise to send him to Primary to expose the other kids. Amber needs a chance to get out of the house more than I do, so I volunteered to take Brighton home with me so Amber could stay for Relief Society and Sunday School.

Now I have always had the theory that if a child gets to miss church, it shouldn't be too much fun for him/her at home. But, it is Valentine's Day tomorrow so Brighton and I just HAD to make some Valentine's cookies.

He had fun making the cookies. I let him help me smooth out the flour on the cutting board, which was a pretty big mess. He loved that. Then when I let him help me do the dishes and play in the water it was getting even more fun.

You can see by the droopy eyes that he wasn't feeling too well.





Then I had a memory of a LONG time ago. I remembered a day when I was helping Grandma Dorothy do the dishes and she let me blow bubbles in the sink using a drinking straw. I always vowed that I would do that as a Grandma someday. I don't think I ever let my own kids do it......mom's are like that I guess.

That may have been a bit over the top for too much fun while missing church!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

A grandkid should be able to have fun at grandma's regarless of the day!!

Amber said...

Brighton had so much fun! (I don't think it will keep him from going to church.) Thanks for letting me go to Jenn's lesson. It was wonderful and just what I needed to hear!

imtheone said...

Probably. But i guess you guys are just doing fine.

classic restoration