Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Heros

This summer there has been a lot of talk about the Mesa Falls Half Marathon at our house. Melissa and Amber decided to run in the race with Ronda and Melina. I have watched Melissa work so hard all summer to prepare for the race.

I've been so impressed by these ladies setting goals and working to accomplish what they set out to do.

The day of the race finally arrived. I don't think that any of them had any other goals than to just finish. Ronda had run in other races, but this was a first time experience for Melissa, Amber, and Melina.

All were a bit nervous before the race started. The race has a very large hill to climb--about 3 miles.





When the race started I lost track of them. By the time I saw them they were pretty much past me.



Part of the race was on a dirt trail. Darn the bad luck, early in the race Melissa tripped on a rock and had to run the rest of the race injured. But she was determined to keep going.



We had fun following them and taking pictures and videos as they ran past us.







Following are the photos of each one of my heros running past the finish line. Way to go!!! I am amazed and proud of your accomplishment and love you all so much.











PS--I think they are all pretty stiff and sore today.....

1 comment:

Amber said...

Thanks for the nice post. Having you guys there to watch made it worth while. I am really glad Melissa encouraged us to do it.