Friday, September 11, 2009

Rejuvination

It seems that lately I've had a bit more free time.....(could it be I got released from my Relief Society calling?)

It has been a time for me to take a deep breath and relax a bit. I have really been enjoying working on genealogy again. I think that the new family search is going to be amazing. Greg's sister let me log in on her account until our stake gets authorized to use it. I even went to the genealogy library for a class. I hope to take many more there. They have a very nice computer lab for their classes. Working on the genealogy is something that has been eating away at me lately. We recently had a lesson on it in Relief Society. One of our ladies is a missionary at the Family History center and she said that only 2% of the members actually work on their family history. When I heard that I knew that I had better do my part to bring that number up!!

I also am enjoying teaching primary. I can't believe how in depth the lessons are for 9 year olds. I have to study hard to prepare. This week the lesson is on Baptisms for the Dead. They are learning what vicarious and proxy mean.....I don't think I knew that when I was 9!! They are also learning that the baptismal fonts in the temples are in the basement to symbolize being buried. I was worried about not learning as much being in Primary, but preparing these lessons are going to teach me so much. There are many scriptures for me to study each week in preparation.

Greg and I have been talking about getting new bikes for a while. On Labor Day we took the plunge. I got one of those retro type bikes that allow you to sit more upright. I think I will love it. I have been out on it every day this week.

Today we took them over to Grand Teton National Park to try them out on the new bike trail that was opened there this year. The path is about 8 miles long....from Moose to Jenny Lake. It is very nice and we had a blast. I didn't know if I could make it for 16 miles...but I did!!

Here are a few photos showing the trail. Grand Teton National Park is my favorite place. Greg and I have had so many wonderful days together there. How blessed we are that we can go there for day trips. We love the outdoors but camping and sitting around a campground just isn't what we enjoy. We like to be active and enjoy really beautiful places, so this works out just perfectly for us. I think we have been there so many times that our car could go there on autopilot. The new bike trail will certainly be an activity that we will do again. If anyone is interested, if you ride your bike from the visitor's center, they are not charging admission to bicyclists going past the entrance gate. So, you can bicycle in for free right now. I guess it's only temporary, though, so you might want to call the park and check should you decide to try it.




4 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like fun! That makes me want to go. We might have to take you up on the offer to watch our kids while we go.

Cheri said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling well enough to get out there and have these wonderful adventures. I love your photographs!
Cheri

Deborah Raymond said...

I wish we lived closer and could run over and do day trips... I'm sure we have places like that here that we could do day trips to but for some reason I'm fondest of that place as well.... probably because it's where our parents used to take us when I was growing up! As always... the pictures are beautiful! Thanks Terri for always sharing!

ronda said...

I think your new bike looks comfortable. I have wanted a new bike for a long time...only I am not sure I would ride it all that much and I am afraid if I used it for sister visits it would get stolen...so I will just be glad you got a new one!