Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Yesterday Greg and I dusted off the old snowshoes and headed to Harriman State Park. It's one of our favorite winter activities. It was a perfect day to be outdoors....not too sunny, not too cloudy, not windy, not too cold.....just perfect.

Walking along the banks of the Snake River and watching the swans is so relaxing and peaceful, (until you run into a large group of BYU-I freshmen who are being oriented to the area). Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. At least we got there in the afternoon when the last group was just finishing up. They took 600 students there earlier in the day.






If you have opportunity to go to Harriman in the winter, I would say, go for it!!

Right as we were hiking out, the sun came out and really made everything look beautiful.

3 comments:

Amber said...

That really is pretty. Maybe you and Dad could watch the kids one Friday or Saturday so Jason and I could go. I have snowshoes that I have never used!

Terri French said...

You should go. You would love it.

Margaret said...

Terri - What beautiful pictures! I'm not a cold weather person but the pictures make me want to bundle up and go for a drive.