Friday, March 26, 2010

Families are Forever....


I am so grateful for my knowledge of that great truth. I had the privilege of growing up in a wonderful family. What joy my parents and siblings have brought to me my entire life. The past couple of weeks, when dad was having problems with RC and was so sad, then when he had his heart problems, made me so heartsick at watching him suffer. You know that these sorts of problems are inevitable as we all age, but nothing can prepare you for the fear you have that one of your parents might die when they are still so full of life.

A large, extended family fasting and praying together is a very powerful thing. Priesthood blessings are just that....a huge blessing in our lives. So much love was expressed for our dear mom and dad. I am grateful to be part of this large, extended family unit, where we all pull together and do what we can to help out.

Dad knows it, too. He told me today that even though we aren't all visiting him a lot of times right now that he knows how concerned we all are about him. I'm glad he feels our love. I'm sure grateful that he was willing to go through with his surgery so that we can enjoy him longer.

Mom seems so relieved today that dad is doing so much better. I don't think any of us can even imagine how hard this week has been for her.

There is a lot of work ahead for all of us. But, with each other, we will make it!!

No comments: