Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's March.....Hooray!!

We made it through January and February. Spring will soon be here. The winter actually has been pretty nice this year, except that I got the flu a couple of weeks ago....then it turned into a sinus infection. But, I am feeling much better now, which is great!! Didn't get the flu shot this year. Guess I should have.

The other night I told Amber that she should go skiing with Jason so Jaden could have another time on the slopes. I kept the twins. It is always an adventure when they are around. Since the skiers would be late getting home, I volunteered to keep the boys all night. It was great until 5:15 when they got up ready to play!!



Melissa was having some computer problems. She brought it home to me to look at. It was full of Malware and viruses. I had never had to deal with that kind of problem before...but thanks to google, I was able to find some fixes for the problems she was having. It took a lot of hours, but seems to have worked. I just love solving those types of problems.

Luckily the computer was fixed by early Saturday morning. Greg is feeling very stressed out from work. They are having their big yearly audit at work. He had to work on Friday and Sunday, so Saturday was his only day to get some rest. He wanted to go snowshoe in Teton Park. I'm so glad he wanted to go there because we had a fabulous time and some great exercise.

Here is what it looked like from the trail head. Out hike would take us over the hills in the middle of the photo and we would end up at Taggart Lake.



Standing on a bridge, we could hear the stream underneath the snow. It was so beautiful there. Wish the photo had sound.



We definitely dressed too warmly and quickly started shedding coats, hats, gloves...





The lake is still frozen over, but was a nice place to stop and put my feet up.



I could even find evidence that spring really will get here. The snow is melting.



We wanted to hike the loop, so coming up out of the lake was a big hill.....But we made it with no problems. Working out at the gym definitely has strengthened my legs.



Late in the afternoon, the light shining on the mountains turned really pretty and most of the clouds burned off. It was spectacular. I could have just stayed there for hours looking at the beauty of it all.





Then as we were coming down, it clouded up again. One last stop on the bridge before heading home.



It was a perfect day.

5 comments:

Heather said...

It looks like you had a great day! I can't wait to go on our bike ride over there!

Amber said...

Leave it to Techno Terri to save the day for Melissa! What would we do without you? I love the pictures and like Heather I can't wait to go on our bike ride there!

Jenn said...

I am so jealous. It looks like you had a great time. Tell Dad I'm sorry about work that really stinks.

Deborah Raymond said...

Terri... you have such wonderful adventures! Thank you for sharing them in picture...

Melissa French said...

I wish I could have gone that looks so pretty!