Friday, February 19, 2010

Winter

This winter has been a pretty good one for us. I have been faithfully going to the gym, which has helped me so much. I have the flu right now, but hopefully it won't last too long. We've been lucky and have avoided a lot of the junk that has been going around.

We are accomplishing some home improvement projects. Greg made some wonderful drawers to go inside of my cabinets. Things are so much more organized now. I love them. We are putting in new countertops and tile backsplash soon. We opted to go with Formica since our cabinets are 23 years old. They are in great shape and look fine, but I couldn't see putting expensive counter tops on cabinets that are that old. We have ordered our edging strips and as soon as they come Greg will install them. They make some very beautiful Formica now, so I am really excited about it.

We painted our laundry room last week. I wanted to do a tan color (the same that is in the kitchen, living room, and family room). But, Greg and Melissa talked me into doing something more bold. We chose a blue color. At first, I hated it, but now it has grown on me and I actually really like it. Once I got some pictures and things on the wall, I think it looks really nice.





I still have two rooms I want to paint before spring. Then we are going to do a huge project and repaint the outside of the house. We will certainly change the color to some sort of brown or tan. I can't wait to have that project underway!!

Of course, the highlight of our lives is our family. Melissa is doing so well in school. She makes us so happy!! The kids and grandkids are such a joy as well. We've had a great time celebrating birthdays and Valentine's Day. I love them all so much.





1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love the blue I think it was the way to go!!