Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Beautiful Day

Today's blizzard has been a bad one. Even though I hate driving in the snow, I had to get to the hospital to see Amber and Rylee. When I got there at 8:00 this morning, Jason was already there. I didn't expect him to be there so early. He is so in love with little Rylee. It's really fun to watch.  Shortly after I got there the nurse came to take Rylee to see the pediatrician.  So I took off and went to work.

After work I decided to stop back in.  It was nice because everyone was gone and I got to spend some time with Amber alone.  She told me that she had brought a pink blanket that she wanted Rylee to have a photo taken with.  She doesn’t feel up to doing any photography yet, so I was happy to do it.

She is such a beautiful little baby.  I was holding her and I looked over at Amber.  She had tears streaming down her face.  I asked her what was the matter and she said, “I am just so happy.”  For anyone who is a mother, I know you will understand her feelings.  What a good day it has been for me.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yes, I know exactly how she feels. I don't think you really understand unless you've been there. But, that little Rylee is so darn cute, I don't know how she couldn't make you happy.

Charles Family said...

I am so glad Amber got her little girl. There is just something about a relationship between mother and daughter that is so special. I think every woman needs a little girl.

Jenn said...

The pictures are great!! Rylee is such an adorable baby.