Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Counting my blessings

Yesterday my little sweetheart, Jaden, had his tonsils out. I hated to see him go through it, but I know how much it helped Melissa when she was little so I was happy he was having it done. I had the privilege of tending the twins. I must say, I did sleep well last night!! They are so adorable, loving, and VERY busy!! Finally I resorted to the tent trick. We just built a big tent with blankets in the family room and rested in there. They had fun and I got a breather.... It's no wonder that Amber is so skinny. She must get exercise every waking minute keeping up with 2 toddlers.







Sometimes being a Relief Society president is rough. We had a boy in our ward commit suicide on Monday night. I don't even know the family. They don't come to church. But, we are helping with the funeral luncheon. My heart just ached as I tried to imagine what the family must be going through. I'm so grateful for the church and I'm grateful that I have this opportunity to help out. I talked to the boy's grandma for a while yesterday and she told me that they have no clue why he did it. Wouldn't that be so hard..... I know that the ladies in my ward will come through and we will have a nice luncheon for the family. They are expecting 200 people for the luncheon. I'm glad that the ward of the grandparents is helping us put it on.

3 comments:

ronda said...

I cannont imagine the heartache of the family of the boy. They will forever be asking why? They need the gospel...hope that is where they turn for peace!

Amber said...

Thanks so much for helping yesterday. It was so nice to know that the twins were in such good hands. I'm sorry you were so tired, I know the feeling!

Deborah Raymond said...

Mark just told me of a young 12 year old boy who found his mother in the garage. It is so very sad that some people are that sad inside. I love the "tent" trick... I hadn't thought of that!