Friday, January 23, 2009

A Huge Blessing in my Life

I am old enough now that I have had many callings in the church. I've been blessed to serve in many presidencies. Probably the biggest blessing that has come from each of those presidencies is the wonderful friendships I have made while working together with some incredible women.

Right now I am serving with three ladies in a Relief Society presidency that I dearly love. I have had some wonderful interactions with each of them this week. I spent quite a bit of time talking to my friend, Karla, on the phone. She was babysitting her grandkids and we just talked about our lives, not necessarily Relief Society. Karla has so much experience and wisdom. What a fabulous friend....!!

Then, I got a phone call from the husband of my friend, Jenny, at 3:40 a.m. asking me if I could come and tend her kids as the time to deliver her baby had come. What an honor to be able to do that. Little Anna asked me, "Are you one of my grandmas?" I wish I was. I never would have known the Harris family so well if I hadn't had this opportunity to serve with Jenny. She's the same age as Amber and I just adore her.

Finally, I had the chance to take some family photos of my friend, Jessica. What a beautiful family she has. She's always so willing to help me and is so dedicated to being a good example. If I ever ask her to do something she is always so willing.

These ladies are so easy to work with and love. I would have never aspired to be a Relief Society President, and some days it is a bit overwhelming, but with ladies like Jenny, Jessica, and Karla to work with and love it is a joyous experience. Isn't it interesting that four ladies, all at different stages of life and with different interests, can have so much in common when serving together in the church.

The Prestwich Family (I need to get a photo of our presidency)

2 comments:

Amber said...

I can relate to becoming friends with your presidencies. Your ward is blessed to have all of you wonderful women serving in the Relief Society.

Rob and Jenn said...

Terri you are too kind. And what would we do without you!? My kids have been talking about you. Thanks for ALL you do for us. You are a blessing in MY life.