Monday, April 27, 2009

It seems like only yesterday

On Saturday we did some chores around the house. We have a tree in our front yard that has some bushes under it. One of the bushes had died and two of the others were looking pretty bad. Greg decided to take them out. We were standing there looking at the tree. The trunk of the tree is huge. I looked at Greg and said, "How did that tree get so big?" He said, "It seems like only yesterday that we planted it." How fast the years have gone.

Last night I was feeling really sad. I got an e-mail from the American Family Association. It's a group I like to read because they are standing up for values that I believe in. The e-mail was explaining how PepsiCo has become a huge supporter of gay marriage and is pumping lots of money into groups that are promoting it. AFA was asking it's supporters to boycot PepsiCo products which include Pepsi, Quaker Oats, and Frito Lay. These are just common everyday things. The church has not asked us to boycot anyone so I probably won't do that. But, I just sat there sad thinking about all the changes that have happened to our world in my lifetime and especially since we planted that tree and have lived in this house. What happened to the America that I love???? Whenever I see a flag now, I almost start crying. I was so lucky to grow up in such an innocent time. You didn't have to be afraid to turn on the TV. Now if you turn it on all you hear are attacks on people who are standing up for traditional values. I almost cannot believe how fast things are spiriling out of control.

I think the time is here that we will certainly stand out as being different. I also think that we will be made fun of and mocked by many. We aren't mainstream Americans any more.

Thank heavens we have our prophets and apostles who tell us to keep up hope and to press on, that everything will be ok because God is in charge. I often wonder how God feels when he sees what is happening. He loves everyone and must shed so many tears himself over the conditions here.

All I can say is I hope these little ones are very strong and that their parents can shield them from all the craziness for as long as possible.






4 comments:

Deborah Raymond said...

I also follow AFA and am also concerned with where things are headed. Now, more than ever, we need to follow and obey the men with "connections"... called in His name to lead! That is reassuring... I'm glad you added the exclamation point of those beautiful children to end you post! They are the hope and the reason we follow and fight for truth! I love you Terri! Thanks for being such a great example!

Jenn said...

I love the picture of Harlee in sunglasses. It just really makes me smile.

Brenda said...

I totally agree! I love listening to talk radio, but anymore it is just so depressing.

I've been reading Cleon Skousen's book, the 5,000 year miracle. I'm not far into it, but we have lost those values that the constitution was built on! All of it makes me very sad. We do need to be so very strong!

Kasi Lee said...

I do agree that things are getting worse and worse everyday. It is scary, but I have so much confidence in the good of people. We will have to separate ourselves more and more from the world and continue being kind to those around us. Thanks for the post!