Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tears

Heather and Beau have lived with us for 10 weeks. What an eventful time we've had. We celebrated Beau's Birthday, Harlee's Birthday, and Heather's Birthday. We got to enjoy Jaycie's birth and first 9 weeks of life. We enjoyed having visitors from the Hall family come to see the new little one. We had a baby blessing and all the celebration of that. We watched Heather and Beau agonize over a house purchasing decision. We've been amazed at Beau's great attitude about his new job and adjusting to that.

It hasn't all been easy. When you are used to just two of you living in a quiet house that doesn't get messed up all that often, and eating simple meals, adjusting to having 6 people with all the laundry, toys, cooking, cleaning, tending and such is a bit tiring, not to mention keeping up with 2 small children. But we all did great and had a lot of laughs and good times along the way. This last week with the impending separation,lack of scheduling and communication from the title company, and all the work of moving has almost pushed us to the brink. But, I'm sure we will laugh about it soon.

Some of my favorite memories of the time have been watching Beau give Jaycie her bath, seeing what a fantastic mother Heather is, eating breakfast with Harlee (in fact every meal with Harlee is an adventure), and watching Beau hold Jaycie for hours. He never eats dinner with two hands because he is so anxious to hold the baby as soon as he gets home. Harlee and I have had a great time watching Dora the Explorer together. I hope she still comes over to sit on my lap and watch it with me. Listening to Beau and Harlee sing the Aladdin song together was a real treat. I will never forget the Family Night Parades. Harlee reminding me to pray at every meal really touched my heart.

Now the good news--they got a really nice house and it's not very far away. I plan on still watching Dora with Harlee and eating Cocoa Krispies with her once in a while. Hopefully I will be there to tend the kids once in a while and still get the chance to put on jammies and change a few diapers.

I wonder how Harlee likes her new bed tonight...... Sure wish I could see her in it..... I've shed a few tears today. Some of happiness for the return of peace and quiet, and many of sadness for the loss of the day to day wonderful times we've had. A lot of the fun will be gone from our house

I guess it's just Zoey and Me again in the daytime, which is no substitute for Heather, Harlee, and Jaycie. I will also miss Beau in the evenings. Of course, Greg and Melissa are pretty fun to spend time with too, so life it good!! It's fun to have Melissa home for the summer.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Don't worry, we're going to miss you too. I'm sure I"ll be making lots of trips to your house too! Thanks again for everything! I sure love you. I"m so grateful for wonderful parents.

Amber said...

Mom I love that picture of you. You look so pretty!

Margaret said...

Thank you so much for opening your home and hearts to this precious little family. I'm thankful they had such a loving place to stay while making this transition. We love and appreciate you and your family.

Deborah Raymond said...

Terri...this was definitely a post with feelings revealed... you are a beautiful woman and I am so blessed to know you!