Monday, June 22, 2009

My Favorite Place



OK, I know that Redfish Lake should be my favorite place, but it's just not anymore. I love spending time with the family there, but I think that Grand Teton National Park is the most beautiful place close to Idaho Falls. We go there so often, but I never get tired of it and am always so inspired by the beauty. We just love to get into the thick of things and hike into the mountains to explore the beauty. Saturday we had the joy of spending a day there again. Since we've had so much rain, the area is especially green and the air especially clear.
We are crazy, but we got up at 3 a.m. to be there for sunrise. There is nothing more beautiful than watching the sun come up on the mountains. Everything just takes on a glow as the sun hits it.








It's fun to visit with the other photographers who are there at sunrise. It's amazing how many there usually are. I bet that there were close to 20 of us at the barn.





The rivers, streams, and waterfalls are incredible.





What fun we have hiking in this glorious place. When you get close to the mountains the vegetation is so lush. There are even ferns. It's almost rainforest like.





On the way home, we ran into a traffic jam because of a motorcycle accident. I sure hope everyone involved is ok. It wasn't bad sitting there for an hour because we got to watch the storms rolling through the mountains....listening to the thunder and watching the lightening was fun.






I wish I could go every week. I can't wait until the grandkids are old enough to go with us....OK, I can wait, I don't want them to grow up any faster than they are, but it will be a joy when they can hike with us. Hope they will want to.

If you ever want a tour, give us a call. We would love to take you with us. We know lots of fantastic, neat little places to explore.

2 comments:

Deborah Raymond said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures... God's handiwork is so incredible and you do such a great job capturing it! I know Mark would love to explore there... I told him I kind of grew up there having lived so close and going often with my family... but the hikes... those I didn't do much of with them! Thanks for sharing Terri! I ALWAYS love your posts!

Heather said...

Your pictures really are beautiful. I love the barn one. I do love it over there as well. I hope we can go sometime soon.