Thursday, June 11, 2009

Simple Pleasures








I had a friend tell me once that I am a simple person. I took it as a compliment because she meant it that way. It really doesn't take a lot to make me happy. One of the things I enjoy most is growing flowers. I have quite a few in my yard, and every day I inspect all of them to see now they are doing. For some reason, growing food has never been as rewarding to me as growing flowers.

A friend that I met on A photography forum a few years ago has sent me some iris starts from her ranch in Washington.they are especially beautiful right now. I just wish they bloomed longer.

2 comments:

Jason, Liz, and Troy said...

I love flowers, too, though you capture them so beautifully. I love the spring and summers here because you can be outside and truly appreciate all these gorgeous things.

Deborah Raymond said...

Terri... I often wonder if I got to work in God's garden... sometimes flowers look so absolutely beautiful to me I gasp in awe! Your iris are amazing! Thank you for sharing them twice... once in your yard and on here for me to enjoy over and over!