Sunday, September 12, 2010

I love Saturdays....

Greg and I try to do something fun almost every Saturday. Once in a while we decide that doing things at home have to be the priority, but after spending so much of our life working around the house, we've decided that having fun together is more important that a perfectly clean house and manicured yard.

Yesterday we went to Big Elk Creek up by Palisades lake. Here are some of the reasons why I enjoyed my day so much.

We got to see the most amazing view of Conant Valley. The entire valley was full of fog except for this one little part right as you go down the hill.



The fog was lifting off of Palisades lake and it was quite spectacular.



Ziggy is fun to take....he loves the water.



We saw the first snowfall of the season...(not so sure that was a good thing).



The scenery was fantastic.






We got to eat lunch by the Creek....just imagine listening to the water as you eat.



And the four best things are....

It was fun being together.....the leaves are starting to change, which is beautiful....we got some exercise.....and where else can you see hiking goats!!




3 comments:

Jenn said...

I am so glad you and dad go and have fun. I can't believe how much the leaves have changed since we were there last week. Thanks for you help with Jade today!!

Jason, Liz, and Troy said...

I love all those pictures. Looks like it was a pretty time outdoors, though I can't say I'm too thrilled about snow and changing leaves quite yet!

Amber said...

That is really pretty. The goats are funny. I didn't realize people used them to pack things.