Sunday, February 22, 2009

Recharging our batteries




I was so tired on Friday. I thought I was coming down with a cold, but maybe it was just tiredness instead. It seemed we had things going on every night of the week last week and it just wore me out. I had all sorts of housework, project type plans for Saturday. But, Friday night, Greg in his wisdom said, "You need to get outdoors to recharge your batteries." He helped me clean the house and run our errands on Saturday morning. Then later in the afternoon on Saturday, we went to the Cress Creek Nature Trail to watch the sunset. I don't know what it is about watching the sunset, but when you take time out of your life to just sit and do that, it is a most amazing experience. It's also amazing watching a sunrise.

Greg has to do a talk on Strengthing Marriage in our ward conference. I told him to add watching the sunset together to his list of things to say in the talk.

As you know, Greg is a most calm person. I'm so grateful I have him to help me put things in perspective. Every Type A personality person needs a calming influence in their life to tell them that the things they get all worked up and stressed out about really aren't that important. Our kitchen remodel can take a little longer.....watching sunsets is better.









6 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you were able to get outside and enjoy the sunset. Your picture turned out so beautiful! I love the Cress Creek hike. It was one of mine and Beau's first dates and we sat up there and watched the sunset and talked for a few hours! We know you are tired, but we so appreciate all of your help right now!

Jason, Liz, and Troy said...

It is so nice to get away from the stress of life every now and then. I'm glad you went to watch the sunset and unwind, I love your pictures too.

Amber said...

I'm glad that Dad helped you relax and take a break. I love your top picture with the sunset. I need to go there and see it in person!

Deborah Raymond said...

The pictures are beautiful. I'll have to remember the sunset... I could have used one this weekend. Thankfully, my sweet husband took time off work to help me unwind! Great guys are a blessing!

Ben and Chennelle said...

Terri...I'm so glad you got to go see the beauties of God's creations! I think that is why he made this world so beautiful because he knew we needed the peace it provides. Just by observing this beautiful world...the spirit comes quickly and testifies that He does live! I am so glad I know such a wonderful person like you! You are amazing and I hope all goes well this week! I wanted to talk to you yesterday but I didn't get the chance! Have a great day!

Tammie said...

Your pictures are beautiful! That is great to be able to get away, I need that right now! My week is so crazy, but I'll have to settle for looking at your pictures and pretending I was there! Thank you so much for all the advice and help you have given me, I am working on reading up on alot of photography tips and will get back to you with more questions probably! Thanks your great!!