Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Couple of Great Books

This morning I just finished a really great book by Dean Hughes, "The Cost of Winning, Coming in First Across the Wrong Finish Line". I belong to a book club and we read the most wonderful books.

This book talks about all the ways we compete with others and other habits that take away from our spiritual development Of course there are the worldly ways that we are all well aware of. But he brings up some spiritual ones that I hadn't ever thought of before. It's only 170 pages. If any of you would like to borrow it from me, it is available.

Last December we read the book, Mary and Joseph, by Robert Marcum. It is absolutely fantastic!! I am going to start reading it again this year for Christmas. It totally made the birth of the Savior and his early life real for me. Everyone in our club was so touched by the book. I would highly recommend it. It will make you love Joseph so much. It also helped me realize how important the temple was in the life of the Savior. Of course, it is fiction, but Brother Marcum is a bible scholar who teaches at BYU-I so it is all consistent with our beliefs.

I can't make a post without a couple of photos. Yesterday we did Jade's two month photos. He will be 2 months old on Monday. He is getting so chubby and adorable!! I have to tell you that Jenny just glows as well. Being a mom really agrees with her!....... I love you Jenn.

Jade with his red, long underwear on, lying on a bear rug.



Also, Rose stopped by to see the baby while he was here. She is feeling so much better. She is incredible for an 88 year old. What a great mother-in-law she is to me.




Now if I could just see Harlee.... I sure miss that little one and can't wait until they move back.

5 comments:

Deborah Raymond said...

Terri... I was just looking on your website... you have such a gift! Thanks for the book recommendations too... I love to read!... when I can find the time!

Jenn said...

Thanks mom. The pictures are wonderful. Mike loves them. I really appreciate you sharing your talent.

Amber said...

I love the pictures Mom. Grandma and Jade both look great! I'd love to borrow that book.

ronda said...

Thnks for the book suggestions...I will read Debbie's after she buys them:) Jade sure is cute...and Rose still looks great!

chelsie said...

Thanks for the book suggestions - I miss living close to a Deseret Book or Seagull Book - our libraries occasionally have LDS books- I'll check on these.

As always - such great photos of your family! You're so talented. Glad to hear you're all well. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!