Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 10, 2010

Wow, 10/10/10. It's a noteworthy day. I am going to tell more than one thing today. First of all.....I am so grateful for a little granddaughter who runs to give me hugs and loves when I see her. It always warms my heart. I know that she does the same thing for her other grandma as well. I also know that Margaret reads this, so isn't it just the best to be greeted by Harlee, Margaret?

So I am grateful for Harlee, for so many reasons, which I am sure will get mentioned more as I continue this gratitude posting.



I'm also grateful for a sweet little grandson. Yesterday Amber came over to have me help her make a carseat cover as she continues to get ready for the baby. Jaden was so interested in what she was doing. It was so cute to watch him help her take the pins out as she was sewing. So, I am grateful that Jaden is learning to be such a good helper.





Finally, since I have been around for a lot of years now, I have had many church callings. Of all the callings I've had, the times I've been a Primary teacher have been my favorite callings. I just love working with the little kids. We've had a challenging class this year, but they have grown up so much. I will be very sad when January comes and I have to let them go.

Today we are supposed to come up with our own lesson because Jr Primary isn't practicing the program during class time. They asked us to chose a conference talk and I thought I would do Pres. Monson's talk on gratitude with the kids. I hope it goes well.

So, I am grateful to be a Primary teacher; getting to work with a few children on that level is so rewarding!!

Here's a photo of my class a few weeks ago when we had a lesson on talents. I was supposed to share a talent with them, so I took their picture. Then I tried to do something creative with the post processing.



The Prophet is always right. It is so good to concentrate on what you have rather than what you don't have!! I hope a gratitude attitude becomes a permanent thing for me. Writing this every day helps me concentrate on it!!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I love that you are posting every day on something that you are grateful for. I try to write a "hand of the Lord" in my journal daily. I too am so thankful for beautiful little Harlee that runs with the hugs. I really enjoy the wonderful pictures as you do yours. Thank you. We truly are blessed.