Sunday, October 17, 2010

October 17, 2010


How could I ever express how grateful I am for my wonderful parents. God knew what he was doing when he sent me to their home.

Last March, I was afraid that Dad might not be around for much longer. The day of his heart surgery, when they couldn't get the bleeding to stop, I was so sad, wondering if we might have to say goodbye for this life. I'm so grateful that it wasn't his time to go, and we get to love and enjoy him for more years. It was his 79th birthday today and everyone gathered to enjoy his special day. It was fun. Thank you so much Mom for all the hard work you put into the dinner.

I'm so glad for the knowledge we have that families are forever. It sounds trite because we have heard it a thousand times, but it is so profound. How do people survive without that truth in their lives? I can't imagine life without my parents, husband, daughters, sons-in-law, grandchildren, sisters, brother, in-laws, and all their children and families. How much they all enrich my life!!

Happy Birthday Dad!! I love you!!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Terri, you look exactly like your Mom! You are both gorgeous!